Children grow up in a flash. Yesterday, they were learning to count pennies. Today, they're preparing for more serious responsibilities. At South Division Credit Union, we know parents want to teach their children financial independence but also need to maintain some control over spending habits.
That's why we've created the Student’s First Checking account for Members age 13 to 17 years old with the following features:
- Debit card with daily limit
- No overdrafts allowed
- No checks included
- FREE electronic statements and online banking
- Mobile banking
- Access to over 1,800 Shared Branch Networks and nearly 30,000 surcharge FREE ATMs
- May apply for a VISA credit card*
Give them the tools they need to start their journey toward financial responsibility. And rely on a trusted friend like South Division Credit Union to help guide them along the way.
The Student’s First Checking accounts are subject to the following provisions:
- A parent or legal guardian must be a joint account holder who is responsible and liable for all account activity.
- Students are converted from the youth checking account to a Free Rewards Checking account before their 21st birthday.
*Qualification for Student’s First Checking requires a parent or guardian as a Joint Owner on the account, who must agree to be legally responsible for all account activity. If approved, the Student's name will appear on her/his own VISA Debit Card. For more information please call 708.857.7070.